What is Lipi ?
Lipi is a comprehensive programme designed with the aim of helping Marathi medium Schools to strengthen their literacy instruction. Considering the alpha-syllabic nature of Devnagari script (the script used for writing the language Marathi) & the socioeconomic realities in which most of the Marathi medium schools operate, the programme tries to converge a few successful approaches to Early Literacy Instruction in Indian Languages.
Interventions under Lipi
- Emergent reading writing programme for pre-schools
- 16 unit graded programme for children in grade 1 to 3
- Literacy remediation programme for the children in grade 4 to7
- Reading Writing enhancement programme.
- Active library programme for children in grade 1 to 7
- Graded Literacy tests for children (for teachers to administer)
- Extensive in-service Training programme for teachers
- Onsite support for the teachers in their classrooms.
- Short workshops for building awareness about early literacy.
Impact of Lipi
Lipi is being implemented under following projects